Do you worry that your alcohol or substance use may be excessive? It’s always a good to learn about how to protect your brain health and develop healthy coping strategies. Seeking help and learning about resources to look after yourself is a sign of strength not weakness. You are worth it!
Here are some ideas:
- Learn the early warning signs of depression, anxiety and alcohol or substance problems at https://cmha.ca/.
- For stress and anxiety management check out Dr. Jon Kabat Zinn’s Mindful Body Scan Practice and Susan Piver’s Online Meditation Studio.
- For online yoga, relaxation and stress management visit https://yogawithadriene.com/.
- For better sleep strategies, check out https://mysleepwell.ca
- Improve your eating habits. Check out Canada's Food Guides and Healthy Eating and Brain Health Foods and https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/